Re-fitting the screen+command launched from .screenrc

From: artur.brzozowski
Subject: Re-fitting the screen+command launched from .screenrc
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 13:23:48 +0000

Hey,

I launch screen using a .screenrc file, containing the following
session setup:
>sessionname irc
>screen -t irssi 1 irssi

When it starts, the screen window does not get resized when
terminal size changes (e.g. goes fullscreen). If I detach and
then reattach interactively, the problem goes away. Is this an
issue of terminal capabilities being set differently when I
attach interactively?

I assume this must have been discussed on this list already, but
I fail at naming the problem and so do my archive searches.

The question is simple: can this be overcome and what would be
the way to do it? I use the foot terminal [1].

~Artur

[1] https://codeberg.org/dnkl/foot/