Re: %P is not working

From: Dave Woodfall
Subject: Re: %P is not working
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 17:42:11 +0100

On 28/10/21 22:02,
Shotaro Aoyama <aosho235@gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
> Hi,
> I would like to display some indicator in the status line when in copy mode.
> The man page reads
> P      sets %? to true if the current region is in copy/paste mode
> so I tried setting
> hardstatus alwayslastline "%?%P [Copy mode] %: [Normal mode]%?"
> but this did not as expected. Hitting C-a C-[ and entering copy mode,
> the status line
> remains [Normal mode]. How can I achieve my goal?
> Thanks,
> ---
> Shotaro Aoyama

I couldn't get it to work in the hardstatus eiher, but it does work
in the caption line, so I use it to switch the screen window
name colour to red so they stand out.  This is only useful if you
have the caption line showing though:

Full line:
caption always "%{= dK}%-Lw%1>%?%F%{= kw}%:%{= kw}%?%>%?%P%{=kR}%?%n%f

--
Dave