screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #25089] screen produces zombies

From: Vincent Lefèvre
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #25089] screen produces zombies
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 10:22:10 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #15, bug #25089 (project screen):

Note also that, as I've said in my Debian bug report, GotSigChld (which is
modified in a signal handler) needs to be declared as volatile in order to
disable some compiler optimizations (currently not affecting the code, but
this might happen in the future).

I'm wondering how to fix the real issue. One knows that a SIGCHLD may have
been lost by some libutempter functions called in pututslot() (defined in
utmp.c). Thus pututslot() could call DoWait() directly or set GotSigChld, if
this is valid. To be able to do that, one would also need to export DoWait()
or GotSigChld. Alternatively, send a SIGCHLD to oneself.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?25089>

  Message posté via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/