Re: Help with updating Savannah web page

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: Help with updating Savannah web page
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 07:10:21 +0000

On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 03:49:45PM -0700, Michael Eager wrote:
> On 4/24/23 15:12, Karl Berry wrote:
> > Hi Michael - some quick answers. Maybe others know better.
> >
> >      Is there documentation how to configure or update the page?
> >
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=ddd
> >
> > In short, do a cvs checkout (as project member) of the "webpages
> > repository". The exact invocation will be shown on that page.
>
> That is the DDD project web page, not the Savannah web page.
> I've been updating these web pages.

I wonder if you mean group public info,

https://savannah.gnu.org/project/admin/editgroupinfo.php?group=ddd

> > A bit more info:
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HomePage/
> >
> >      How do I update the Latest News area?
> >
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/news/?group=ddd
> > "Submit" to submit news, then, as manager of the group,
> > you can "Manage" (approve) the submitted items.
>
> There does not appear to be any way to delete news items.

Only recent news (two weeks old or so) can be deleted.

> >      Possibly unrelated:  how do I request a @gnu.org email alias?
> >
> > Email sysadmin@gnu.org. Good guess that Savannah volunteers cannot
> > modify gnu.org email setup :).

The options I'm aware of are,

* (Possibly unrelated) create a mailing list,
  https://savannah.gnu.org/mail/admin/?group=ddd
* Request a fencepost account, as a maintainer of a GNU package,
  https://www.gnu.org/software/README.accounts.html
* When you have a fencepost account, you'll be able to add aliases
  in /com/mailer/aliases