Re: authentication failures

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: authentication failures
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 04:18:52 -0500

() Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com>
() Sun, 5 Dec 2021 00:11:15 -0700

   Probably not then.  But it has been the trending problem so
   it was worth the shot.

Indeed.

   There's no external state.  That's just the internal state of
   ssh talking.

OK.

   > I still see the same error on retry, unfortunately.

   [log output]

   It looks like it is working on the server end.  Because it
   says "session opened for user ttn" and hten later "session
   closed for user ttn".  Which says that you were able to
   authenticate.  It doesn't think things are failing.  It
   thinks things are working.  On the server side.

   I would walk through the other debugging steps that are
   listed on the SshAccess page.  Hopefully doing that will
   provide a clue as to the problem.

       https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SshAccess/

   If nothing turns up then we might need to arrange a time when
   more detailed debugging on both sides can be done.

I confirm that it is working on the client side now, as well.
My guess is that i was too hasty in retrying, and didn't give
savannah enough time to process the new key.

In any case, many thanks again for your help resolving things.
Happy hacking!

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen