[sr #110588] Annoying perl warnings at every "git push" and "git pull"

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [sr #110588] Annoying perl warnings at every "git push" and "git pull"
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2021 15:54:15 -0500 (EST)

Update of sr #110588 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #1:

Thank you for the report.  I appreciate it.  Especially at this time when
things up going through upgrades.  And sometimes unexpected problems occur.

I switched the DNS for git.savannah.gnu.org et al from the old server to the
new fully updated server.  That's the source of the warnings you saw.  This
resolves the problem described in this reference.

https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SshAccess/

On the new server the mitigation for the problem you saw was not present.  I
fixed it up now.

The previous mitigation wasn't to enable all locales but to avoid passing
through the client locale settings causing the processes locally on the server
to run in the C/POSIX locale.  That's a good mitigation because it is not an
interactive server, not running a user shell for people, but just running the
very limited set of allowed commands such as git, svn, hg, bzr.

Hopefully the warning message is now gone?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110588>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/