Re: New command line interface not backward compatible ?

From: Reio Remma
Subject: Re: New command line interface not backward compatible ?
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 11:13:53 +0300

On 28.04.2023 07:51, Eric Zolf wrote:
Hi,

`rdiff-backup -v5 docs /tmp/bak` works as expected for me. I tried a few variants and it always works. Fedora 38 with rdiff-backup 2.2.4 (as packaged).

Uh oh. It seems my mistake was using a relative path for backup destination.

Using an absolute path for destination made it work here as well, even though the error implied a missing argument.

rdiff-backup -v5 bin test
vs
rdiff-backup -v5 bin /tmp/bak

Reio

We also still use the old CLI a lot in our pipeline tests, so there must be another issue on your end.

It looks like rdiff-backup doesn't find its action plugins. rdiff-backup --help should show at the end a list of those:

possible actions:
{backup,calculate,compare,complete,info,list,regress,remove,restore,server,test,verify}

If not, something is wrong with your installation or (python) setup.

KR, Eric