Re: cross-platform backup tool Is anybody actively testing the beta vers

From: Frank Crawford
Subject: Re: cross-platform backup tool Is anybody actively testing the beta version?
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2022 12:00:28 +1100

On Sat, 2022-11-05 at 16:20 +0100, EricZolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting out of stuff to do for the upcoming 2.2.0: of all the 34
> foreseen issues [1], only one #103 is left, and it will slip into the
> next milestone as it requires too mucch effort to fulfill safely as
> part
> of the beta.
>
> We're in no hurry, and if someone is actively testing, which I'm
> encouraging, I'm more than happy to wait a bit more, but the beta
> won't
> get better if nobody does anything with it, so I could just release
> the
> next version.

Well, I've been backup my test VMs with it and I've logged the issues
I've found.  There is only one minor issue I still have outstanding,
which relates to permissions in the repo, and I haven't really sorted
out what the difference is yet.  However, I wouldn't wait for this, as
it is a minor item.

> If you're testing, perhaps try to give me an estimate how much time
> more
> you need.

Unfortunately, I'll be away for a few weeks, so won't have much more
chance to look at it further.

> Thanks, Eric
>
> PS: still no web designer volunteering to improve our homepage?
>
> [1] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/milestone/2
> #103 https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/103

Not me, my design skills are pretty poor. :-(

Regards
Frank