Accessing external harddisk from windows guest

From: famubu
Subject: Accessing external harddisk from windows guest
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 17:38:48 +0000

Hi.

I have windows 7 guest running on a linux (debian 11) host.

I was trying to unlock a harddisk (WD) which was locked/encrypted with a
windows-only tool.

How can I expose the harddisk device to the windows guest?

Ideally, I wanted to unlock the harddisk device from within the vm and somehow
access the files in it from the linux host.

Does anyone know how to do this?
I've been scouring the internet for a long time, but found nothing that worked.

Found posts like this[1] suggesting that sharing between windows guest and
linux host is troublesome.

I'm using virt-manager, if that can help.

[1]:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/86071/use-virt-manager-to-share-files-between-linux-host-and-windows-guest