Re: Analyzing PCIe enumeration in u-boot or linux using qemu, is it poss

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Analyzing PCIe enumeration in u-boot or linux using qemu, is it possible?
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 15:20:13 +0100

On Thu, 27 Apr 2023 at 10:29, Chan Kim <ckim@etri.re.kr> wrote:
> I thought I would try to analyze u-boot's PCIe enumeration using qemu.
> I used qemu-6.2 (old now) and built it for arm-softmmu. And I built
> u-boot-v2022.07 using qemu_arm_defconfig and built linux-5.15.68 using
> integrator_defconfig(just because I saw CONFIG_PCI=y). The linux image
> doesn' matter much because I'm only interested in u-boot now.(but if I can
> analyze linux too, it will be fantastic).

The Integrator is a twenty year old development board. This
is a terrible choice for doing just about anything with today.
It is unsurprising that it only supports base PCI, not PCIe,
because the PCIe spec was published after this board was made.

The docs you have found tell you which board types to use
if you want PCIe and not just PCI, so do that.