How to run different firmware in a machine with 2 cpu?

From: Huang Canming
Subject: How to run different firmware in a machine with 2 cpu?
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2023 18:40:23 +0800

hi, members.

I'm trying to model a custom machine which has 2 cpus. Each cpu has its own ram/rom.

for now, I have create a different MemoryRegion for the 2 cpu.

I want that the 2 cpu could run differnt firmware, so I use

armv7m_load_kernel(ARM_CPU(cpu1),machine->firmware,0,0x10000)
armv7m_load_kernel(ARM_CPU(cpu2),machine->kernel_filename,0,0x10000)

but it seems could not work normally:

qemu-system-arm: ../target/arm/cpu.h:2396: arm_is_secure_below_el3: Assertion failed.

so I wonder is there something need to do to achieve this but I ignore? do I need a second sysbus for cpu2(default sysbus for cpu1)? I create the other sysbus for cpu2, but it didn't solve the problem.

Thank you for your time to read my email, Looking forward to hearing from you.