Suitable API do build the custom SoC emulation

From: Alyosha Shevandin
Subject: Suitable API do build the custom SoC emulation
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 10:34:50 +0000

I wonder if there is any other way to build emulation for the custom SoC except using QEMU C API? I mean, the C API the one, that is used in a lot of examples under /hw folder. The other way – the high level abstractions – based: XML, Json, Python etc.

The custom hardware that I need to emulate:

  • A55 CPU

  • different kind of memories (RAM, SRAM, ROM) with some custom memory layout;

  • UART

  • ARM TF, BL1 loading (-bios command line parameter)

Regards,

Aleksey