Re: Porting the QEMU build architecture to Visual Studio

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: Porting the QEMU build architecture to Visual Studio
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 07:55:53 +0100

Hi Andrew,

On 8/2/23 05:56, Andrew Numrich wrote:
Hello, I’m looking to experiment with QEMU in a Windows specific environment. For that I’ll need to build QEMU’s source code in Visual Studio 2017.

I’m seeing that QEMU’s sources calls for a `config-host.h` file generated by a `create_config` script. I don’t see said script anywhere in the source tree.

By googling I can see various creations of both these files in random forks of QEMU around the internet, but I couldn’t be sure to use any of them.

I’m guessing these are somehow created by meson or ninja, but I don’t have those easily on hand, being on Windows.

Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction

Paolo posted a patch to adapt QEMU build system to VSCode few
years ago:
https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/20210512100906.621504-1-pbonzini@redhat.com/

or explain how this is generated?

Thanks