sharing virtual wifi interface with host and qemu vm image

From: Piotr Łobacz
Subject: sharing virtual wifi interface with host and qemu vm image
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 02:13:18 +0100

Hi all,
I'm trying to test my WiFi code and to achieve that I am using `mac80211_hwsim` kernel module. Currently I have managed to create 2 interfaces wlan0 and wlan1 and successfully created on the first one an AP and established a connection to it from wlan1 interface. Now what I want to do is to share this wlan1 interface with QEMU VM image and establish this connection with AP from over there.

I was wondering if it is possible, because I am unable to find any informations all over the internet. Can anybody point me to some guidelines?

BR
Piotr