Re: switch RAM and ROM mode with memory_region_set_readonly

From: Hiroko Shimizu
Subject: Re: switch RAM and ROM mode with memory_region_set_readonly
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 18:14:36 +0900

Sorry, I found a bug that I made a mistake in writing to RAM.

Best regard,
Hiroko

2021年7月15日(木) 19:55 Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 at 12:13, Hiroko Shimizu <hiroko07168@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I want to switch  the memory read-only  mode with memory_region_set_readonly() function for writing a value to memory under a specific condition. I checked that I could switch the mode using memory_region_set_readonly(), but I couldn't write a value to the memory region when the mode was false.
> What should I do?

What memory region are you trying to mark read-only ?
In particular, the documentation for memory_region_set_readonly()
says it is only useful for RAM regions (ie MRs which are backed
by a bit of host memory, not by read/write IO function callbacks).

thanks