Difficulties to access guest memory in TCG plugins

From: Kevin Mambu
Subject: Difficulties to access guest memory in TCG plugins
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 15:08:10 +0000

Hi, everyone,
I need to put in place a plugin which is able to modify memory for a specific project, and until now I managed to do so using cpu_memory_rw_debug().
However, the function happens to fail at times, and when looking at the source code of cpu_memory_rw_debug() on elixir, the issue seems to be either the memory being locked by another part of QEMU code or some kind of page fault.
My prior researches tend to put the blame on the RCU lock mechanism, and I was wondering if there was another, fail-safe, function I could use to access guest memory from my plug-in ?

Thank you in advance,

Kévin Mambu
Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.