Re: User mode networking with slirp on MacOs, setting host DNS server?

From: Biff Eros
Subject: Re: User mode networking with slirp on MacOs, setting host DNS server?
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 08:51:29 +0100

I noticed this:
https://github.com/qemu/libslirp/commit/5ac17660a76e321c37e6dca2e3c04d9d7d2b7ff4
So maybe slirp doesn't do DNS in quite the way I expect on MacOs.

In any case I couldn't figure out how to make changes to slirp and compile them
into a new Qemu, I put a compile error into a file in the slirp
directory and re-ran
the top-level make and it didn't fail.  I was going to just change the
/etc/resolv.conf
string to /usr/local/etc/resolv.conf and put my alternate address in
there but I haven't
figured out how to do that even.