Re: Windows 9x - which graphic?

From: Simon Becherer
Subject: Re: Windows 9x - which graphic?
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 16:27:24 +0200

Am 06.06.21 um 14:19 schrieb Kamil Jońca:

> I try to install my windows 9x instances under qemu. Although
> installation finished successuflly, and I can log in into newly
> installed guest I cannot achieve an graphic mode better than 640x480 (in
> particular I would use 1024x768)
> I tried minport vbe driver
> (https://web.archive.org/web/20191129030225/https://bearwindows.zcm.com.au/vbe9x.htm#2)
> with cirrus/vga/vmga card
> and cirrus driver with cirrus card - but without sucess.
> Both 95 and 98 hangs during shutting down :(
>
> Any hints?
> KJ

I have not used win98 boxes since 4? years, but before,
i have used win98 with cirrus, and if i remember correct also
vesa. 1024x768.
as i know i have not had problems. but i do not remember exactly
if i have installed a fix for win98 shutdown problem. there must
be somewhere a small microsoft fix for this. (not related to emulations,
and i do not remember what was the cause for the shutdown problem)

simoN

--
www.becherer.de