RE: Installing and running ubuntu on arm64/virt machine (Guest has not i

From: ckim
Subject: RE: Installing and running ubuntu on arm64/virt machine (Guest has not initialized the display (yet).")
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 18:45:02 +0900

Hi, Peter Maydell,(and all)

Thank you for the explanation (I was aware of the two pass run though).
But I have a question about the serial port connection.

> You'll probably find it easier to debug if you use a serial console; that
> way you'll be able to see the guest booting and log in and can debug
> what's going on a bit better from there. In particular, the installer does
> *not* use the graphics device, so you will absolutely need to find out
> where it's putting the serial output in order to use the installer.

When I pass -kernel=  option, I can pass the serial port to connect using
-append = ".." option.
But in this case, (I have only -cdrom and -drive option), how can I know the
serial port the install program on the CDROM uses?
And even if I know it, how can I connect it to my console? (or using minicom?)
I have no idea, could you give me some more help?
Thank you!

Chan Kim