Re: Question about harddrive

From: Jakob Bohm
Subject: Re: Question about harddrive
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 22:31:57 +0200

On 2021-04-11 00:31, esposito mikael wrote:

Hi,

I have juste a little question, i just start to use qemu for emulate arm computer. And i can't change the hard drive description for change QEMU HARDDISK for something like DELL.

For information, i don't use a virtualise storage i boot from a modified img file.

Thx for your help.
Best regard
*Cordialement,*
*Mikael Esposito*
*Qemu *hard drives have two names:

The hardware model name (such as Seagate Barracuda or "Qemu
Something"), I don't know an option to change that.

The volume label written in the file system, this can be
changed as an option to mkfs or with a file system specific
utility such as e2label, ntfslabel etc.  The software running
on the virtual RPi probably includes the relevant command.

Enjoy

Jakob