Re (2): Bootable image for use with QEMU

From: peter
Subject: Re (2): Bootable image for use with QEMU
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 08:28:54 -0700

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 12:07:48 +0100, Jan Theeuwes wrote:
> I am fairly new in QEMU and I want to setup Windows 3.11 in QEMU.
> [...]
> I create image file from diskettes.

Hello Jan,

FreeDOS is an alternative to consider.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeDOS

The bootable CD-ROM image will avoid the need to switch diskettes or
diskette images.  Simpler installation procedure.  Likely a mailing
list relevant to FreeDOS operates somewhere.  Several years since I've
looked.

Regards,              ... P.

--
cell: +1 236 464 1479            Bcc: peter at easthope. ca
VoIP: +1 604 670 0140