Bootable image for use with QEMU

From: Jan Theeuwes
Subject: Bootable image for use with QEMU
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 12:07:48 +0100

All,

I am fairly new in QEMU and I want to setup Windows 3.11 in QEMU.

One of the first steps is to boot from a diskette to setup DOS I believe, because Windows 3.11 is running in DOS.

I still have al the diskettes: DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.11.

I create image file from diskettes.

The problem now is that the images I created do not boot as “fda”.

How can I make an image to be a bootable image?

I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask for help but I do not know where to go otherwise with my question.

I want to use QEMU instead of virtualbox because QEMU is cross platform.

So I can create my image on Windows 10 and use it on a Raspberry PI afterwards.

Best regards,

Jan Theeuwes