Re: problema compilation

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: problema compilation
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 23:03:01 +0000

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 at 22:54, nerus <fhuvu30@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good evening, I turn to you because I have a problem that does not appear in
> the official documentation, nor in the different blogs or irc channels.
>
> I need to do a cross compilation but it is impossible from version 5.2, when
> I use msys2 an error occurs indicating that symbolic links cannot be created
> even though the windows user has permissions to create symbolic links, I
> configured this through gpedit.msc.
>
> when I use cygwin with the mingw64-w64 tool chain an error occurs whereby
> meson says that it cannot find any compiler even though the compiler path is
> specified in the configuration script, mingw cannot be used from linux either
> due to There are many missing components that cannot be compiled by hand
> because the proper versions are no longer available, how could you solve
> these problems without using already compiled binaries? Thank you

Cross compilation works in general -- our CI testing setup
includes various cross-compile configurations, including
building Windows executables from a Linux host
(eg https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/jobs/1042844159).

You'll need to be more specific about exactly what you're
trying to do and failing (eg quoting exact commands,
setups, error messages).

thanks