RE: supported machines for aarch64

From: ckim
Subject: RE: supported machines for aarch64
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 17:01:37 +0900

Hello folks,

These are the machine lists that included cortex-a72 when I gave
qemu-system-aarch64 --machine xxx --cpu help.
(I replaced xxx with all the machine I got from qemu-system-aarch64
--machine help. Of course I used simple script for that. And I remove 'virt'
from the list.)

akita               highbank            midway              netduino2
realview-pb-a8      sx1-v1              xilinx-zynq-a9
ast2500-evb         imx25-pdk           mps2-an385          netduinoplus2
realview-pbx-a9     tacoma-bmc          xlnx-zcu102
ast2600-evb         integratorcp        mps2-an505          none
romulus-bmc         terrier             z2
borzoi              kzm                 mps2-an511          nuri
sabrelite           tosa
canon-a1100         lm3s6965evb         mps2-an521          orangepi-pc
sbsa-ref            verdex
cheetah             lm3s811evb          musca-a             palmetto-bmc
smdkc210            versatileab
collie              mainstone           musca-b1            raspi2
sonorapass-bmc      versatilepb
connex              mcimx6ul-evk        musicpal            raspi3
spitz               vexpress-a15
cubieboard          mcimx7d-sabre       n800                realview-eb
swift-bmc           vexpress-a9
emcraft-sf2         microbit            n810
realview-eb-mpcore  sx1                 witherspoon-bmc

Do they all really support cortex-a72? I ask this because for example, when
I search for the first machine akita on internet, it says it's using PXA255
which ARMv5 chip. But cortex-a72 is ARMv8 chip. Can akita really emulate
cortex-a72?

Thanks!
Chan Kim