Re: Keyboard mapping, host:Linux Mint 19.1,guest:freshly built Chromium

From: bob olbrich
Subject: Re: Keyboard mapping, host:Linux Mint 19.1,guest:freshly built Chromium OS
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 18:42:53 -0600

I think I found a custom solution for this problem here.
Look in the comments for Mr Penner.
It is code for Chrome OS, not a problem with QEMU or Linux Mint.
I'll have to digest the post.

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 10:17 PM bob olbrich <rjolbrichmint@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I just built a fresh image of Chromium OS to run under QEMU.
I'm having problems with the keyboard mapping symbols.
Specifically, the number keys on my HP Envy x360 will not "shift" to the
corresponding symbols. This is a problem as login to Chromium OS requires
an email address and I can't type the "@" symbol. I have no trouble typing
a "@" in the QEMU monitor.

I found a workaround by using the 'sendkey' command in the QEMU monitor.
"sendkey shift-2" produces a "@" properly. However, I'm looking for a better solution
as I may have to use other symbols for which there is no sendkey solution.

I found the following post which discusses keyboard mapping solutions with an
"expert" and humorous tone that I have trouble parsing as I am not an expert
with Linux or QEMU. Can anyone point me to a better summary, or fill in the
blanks for this post?

Thanks