Re: Live migration fails with "Mismatched RAM page size ram-node0 (local

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Live migration fails with "Mismatched RAM page size ram-node0 (local) 2097152 != 1526773257204281392"
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 14:54:36 +0000

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 at 14:21, Damir Chanyshev <conflict342@gmail.com> wrote:

> вт, 2 февр. 2021 г. в 17:01, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>:
> >

> > Are you using exactly the same VM config on both source and
> > destination ? The migration error messages are often rather
> > opaque, but generally they mean "the source and the destination
> > don't match". In this case I think the message means that the
> > hugepage size on source and destination hosts is different.
> >
> > thanks
> > -- PMM
>
> Yes, VM config exactly the same on both sides. On hugepage part, guest
> backed by 2M pages.

Thanks for confirming. Looking again at the message, the
value the destination thinks it got for the hugepages size
(1526773257204281392) is 15303030303A3030 in hex, which is
really suspicious as a value (it's got lots of ascii-range
values in it). Something has probably got confused about
where in the migration-data-stream it is...

thanks