RE: file permission error during make after source change

From: ckim
Subject: RE: file permission error during make after source change
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 11:48:12 +0900

I found just ‘sudo make’ solves it…

Chan Kim

From: ckim@etri.re.kr <ckim@etri.re.kr>
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 11:42 AM
To: 'qemu-discuss' <qemu-discuss@nongnu.org>

Hello,

I added a debug print code in the source (5.1.0) in hw/arm/virt.c and tried make,

But it gives me error telling me some files are not writable.

I found those files under aarch64-softmmu and trace are not writeable for normal user.

For example aarch64-softmmu/config-devices.mak.old and trace/generated-tcg-tracers.h-timestamp are two of those files.

What is the proper way of make after the source change?

(because I could run make and sudo make install before, Im curis why second make is not possible)

Thank you

Chan Kim