Re: OT - 24-pin dot matrix printer emulator (nlq etc.)

From: Supratim Sanyal
Subject: Re: OT - 24-pin dot matrix printer emulator (nlq etc.)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 21:11:49 -0400

On 10/27/20 12:07 PM, Will Senn wrote:
Hi Supratim,

This may not  be exactly what you're looking for, but it's related. I use 86box to emulate IBM PC (but it'll emulate anything up to Pentium III class machine (if I remember correctly). One of the emulated LPT/PRN devices is the Epson dot-matrix printer. It works really well (it generates pngs, which I put into pdf and print on my laserjet). I have no idea whether they borrowed the device from another emulation or what. I only use it from DOS, but 86box will probably run Win 98 without too much trouble.

Later,

Will

Thanks Will - this is an awesome pointer. I will take 86box for a spin, I wasn't aware of it. I will report back, probably after the weekend.

Regards,
Supratim