Compiling QEMU to get virtio-fs driver

From: CYBER PUNK
Subject: Compiling QEMU to get virtio-fs driver
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 11:02:45 +0200

Hello

Im currently trying to use the QEMU/KVM with virtmanager onubuntu 20.04 and I want to be able to map a folder on the host to a windows 10 VM with virtio-fs ive done it in manjro as the latest version of qemu was avalable on it but i'd prefer to use a more stable and widely supported distro like ubuntu. From what I understand i need qemu 5.0 and higher but ubuntu has an older version.

My question is how do i upgrade the installed versionĀ  so that it has the virtio-fs driver in qemu