No EDID with UEFI guests

From: Stefan Kadow
Subject: No EDID with UEFI guests
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 15:02:09 +0200

Hello,

I am running Qemu 5.0 on Arch Linux with Xen 4.14. For testing purposes I
installed Qemu 5.1 as well.
I installed two new Win10 virtual machines with standard VGA graphics
adapters. One machine is using seabios and the other is using ovmf as firmware.
For testing purposes I was running the virtual machines with Qemu 5.1
directly, without any support from Xen.

Within the seabios machine Win10 is recognizing a PnP Monitor and provides the
resolutions 800x600, 1024x768 and 1920x1080.
But within the ovmf machine Win10 finds a Non-PnP Monitor and provides just a
resolution of 800x600.

Is this a known limitation or is this a bug?

--
Thanks for any help