Using qemu-arm-static system-wide without BINFMT_MISC enabled in kernel?

From: Michael Jauregui
Subject: Using qemu-arm-static system-wide without BINFMT_MISC enabled in kernel?
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 12:42:41 -0300

Hello! I'm trying to chroot inside an arm Debian rootfs by using
qemu-arm-static but the kernel doesn't have BINFMT_MISC enabled at
compile time and the kernel source isn't available (GPL violations
everywhere) so I can't enable it myself.
Is there any way to run all the child processes of another (like
static-built SH) using qemu-arm-static? I'd think about modding the
Busybox' sh to do that on each exec but I don't know if that would
work or not. Also I think that may lead to problems with loading
libraries.