Re: Sam460Ex screen mode, audio and network

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: Sam460Ex screen mode, audio and network
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 15:24:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
Cc'ing the sam460ex maintainer.
On 6/1/20 8:01 PM, Andrea Palmatè wrote:
Hello, i've successfully configured AmigaOS4 on Qemu 5 and i've
installed it without any problem.

I assume you're aware of this page where you may find info and answers to some of your questions (see also the Comments section for tips):

http://zero.eik.bme.hu/~balaton/qemu/amiga/

It is working on an i5 laptop. I've tried to use the native screen mode
1366x768 but it has some problems. It seems a stride problem and so is
not usable

I'm not sure if it's a problem on AmigaOS side or in emulation. How to reproduce this? Such resolution does not show up for me in ScreenMode prefs so cannot be simply selected.

Also the audio over sm502 is not working. (is it implemented?)

No, the sound part of sm502 is not yet implemented but you can add a PCI soundcard that works with AmigaOS with -device ES1370 command line option although sound may not be perfect and I don't know what causes that.

And also. OS4 has a support for RTL8139 but it seems not supported by
sam460ex. Is there a way to (try to) add it via source code in any way?

Similarly you can add the card with -device rtl8139 then also see the docs about different network options in QEMU:

https://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Networking

In particular, with the default user/slirp network the guest has outbound access but cannot be contacted and ping does not work so if you need those some other network option such as tap may be needed. Otherwise just for simple internet access from guest the default should be enough and simplest to set up.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan