Re: Cisco Switch Errors

From: Jakob Bohm
Subject: Re: Cisco Switch Errors
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 16:46:52 +0200

On 18/04/2020 17:25, Randy Wheaton wrote:
Good Morning,

We have 5 servers running Centos7 QEMU and we are relocating them to a new Data Center and we're getting error disabled on the Cisco Fex ports when we turn up the port. Is there any support you could provide on what our configuration should be to get the servers up and running with an A side and B Side configuration so if lose one network path the other will take over.

We don't have anyone left in the company that knows how this was configured but any help connecting to  Cisco FEX 2k switches would be great.

Thanks for your help.

*
*

**

I'm no Cisco guy, but from general experience the most likely scenario is
this:

The Cisco switches detected that the virtual machine network addresses (MAC
and/or IP) were suddenly trying to enter the network from the wrong switch
or switch port, indicating a suspected attack from a compromised server
(such attacks do exist and blocking them is good).

In that case it is basically a matter of telling the Cisco switches that
the authorized location of the virtual machines have changed.

Not knowing Cisco gear or your setup, the enforcement may have been
automatic from Cisco systems detecting the usual location, or may have been
manually configured into the switches.  Either way, the authorization would
need to be done approximately the same way.

Either way, this may involve appropriate work order, 2-person or other
oversight procedures, as it is essentially automatic checking of such.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2860 Soborg, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10