Re: stdio vs mon:stdio

From: Pascal
Subject: Re: stdio vs mon:stdio
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 16:44:30 +0200

hi,

if I start qemu this way:

echo -e '\001cinfo usb' | qemu -serial mon:stdio -hda...

the requested informations is well displayed in the terminal, but the monitor is now inaccessible and Ctrl-C becomes possible again.

on the other hand, impossible to get the same thing with

qemu -serial on:stdio -hda...

and

echo -e '\001cinfo usb` >> /dev/pts/X

where X is the descriptor associated with qemu.

my goal is to be able to easily pass commands to qemu from my terminal without the risk of terminating/killing qemu with an unfortunate Ctrl-C and also to be able to push groups of commands there via a script .

regards, lacsaP.