Re: [usb] usb 3.0 bandwidth insufficient

From: Toerless Eckert
Subject: Re: [usb] usb 3.0 bandwidth insufficient
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 19:36:32 +0100

I tried to get the NVidia 3D glasses IR emitter to work for windows 10
in KVM (before NVidia F***ed with 3D fans and removed all support for
it from their drivers). No performance, but low-latency USB signalling
problem, delay through qemu was just miserable.

I ended up buying a mini-PCIe USB3 card so that i had a separate
PCI USB controller rom the one on the motherboard and then passed
that PCI controller through to the VM. Works fine.
(mini-PCIe was the only free slot on my mini-ITX MoBo).

Would expect there is also no performance degradation when using
passthrough.

Cheers
    Toerless