Re: Connection between Qemu and an external element

From: Ottavio Caruso
Subject: Re: Connection between Qemu and an external element
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 15:06:43 +0000

On 29/01/2020 14:44, Iñigo Vicente Waliño wrote:
Hi,

I am using Qemu in VirtualBox to emulate Arm and OP-TEE. Now, I want to
connect an external secure element via SPI, USB or similar. Is this
possible? Can external elements be connected to interact with Arm?

Thanks. Regards

If I understand your question, virtualbox may use Qemu internally but the implementation, features, cli arguments are different.

I don't know about SPI but usb passthrough is definitely available in qemu-system-x86_64*. I haven't tried on qemu-system-arm but it should work:

$ qemu-system-arm --help|grep usb
-usb enable on-board USB host controller (if not enabled by default)
-usbdevice name add the host or guest USB device 'name'

--
Ottavio Caruso