Re: Cannot ssh a raspbian guest from the host

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: Cannot ssh a raspbian guest from the host
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 16:47:48 +0000

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 at 16:43, <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks Peter and Jeremy for your help but it still does not work.
>
> According to the Peter's suggestion, this is the command I run:
> sudo qemu-system-arm -no-reboot -curses -kernel
> /home/ubuntu/qemu_vms/kernel-qemu-4.4.34-jessie -cpu arm1176 -m 256 -M
> versatilepb -serial stdio -append "root=/dev/sda2 panic=1 rootfstype=ext4 rw
> console=ttyAMA0" -drive
> "format=raw,file=/home/ubuntu/qemu_vms/shield.img,index=0,media=disk" -netdev
> user,id=raspbi,hostfwd=tcp::8022-:22 -device e1000,netdev=raspbi
>
> But in this case, only the loopback is defined in the Raspbian instance

Does your guest kernel have the PCI support and the e1000
support built into it? Does the kernel print out the
information on bootup about the PCI and ethernet cards?
Does lspci list the card? If the kernel is missng
the support then you could try some other ethernet device.
Or try the -nic option instead of -device+-netdev.

thanks