Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-system-aarch64 doesn't close after guest execute

From: Shlomo Pongratz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-system-aarch64 doesn't close after guest executes halt -f
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 14:10:13 +0300

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 8:23 PM Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 at 18:06, Shlomo Pongratz <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > You don't specify your command line. Different machines
> > > behave in different ways. In general power-down is
> > > implemented by "model the way it works on hardware",
> > > so whether such a mechanism even exists depends on which
> > > machine we're modelling.
>
> > Sorry, I've forgot to specify the machine.
> > The machine is virt and the CPU is cortex-a57
>
> Thanks. This should work -- it does for me. The mechanism for
> the virt board is via a GPIO line which is identified as the
> power-off mechanism in the device tree or ACPI table which QEMU
> passes to the guest. You're probably missing something from
> your guest kernel config which is needed for this. I'm
> pretty sure the aarch64 defconfig works.
>
> Check you have CONFIG_GPIO_PL061 enabled. That's definitely
> necessary but may not be sufficient (perhaps also
> CONFIG_KEYBOARD_GPIO is required, not sure about that one).
>
> thanks
> -- PMM

Hi,

Thank you,
I've added the GONFIG_GPIO_PL061 (isn't it emulated on realview only?)
and CONFIG_KEYBOARD_GPIO and also added The CONFIG_POWER_RESET_GPIO.
But the QEMU still doesn't exit after halt -f.
Is there a Linux config file that is known to be able to make QEMU
exit that I and use as starting point?
I want to create a Linux (kernel) that is expected to run only as a guest.

best regards,

S.P.