[Qemu-discuss] Create mipsel debian image by booting iso with qemu

From: Paulo Matos
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Create mipsel debian image by booting iso with qemu
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 16:13:57 +0200

Hi,

I am on qemu4.0 and I am trying to create a debian stretch image to
flash an sd card.

After downloading the netinst image of debian I try:
qemu-system-mipsel -m 1024 -nographic -drive
if=virtio,format=raw,file=/home/pmatos/Downloads/debian-9.9.0-mipsel-netinst.iso
-hda hda.img
qemu-system-mipsel: Could not load MIPS bios 'mipsel_bios.bin', and no
-kernel argument was specified

where hda.img was previously created with `qemu-img create -f qcow2
hda.img 8G`.

Where can I find a mipsel_bios.bin? Or workaround this? I want to flash
this sd card to use it in a MIPS CI20 board - CPU is Ingenic Xburst
V4.15, but I don't see how that could be relevant.

What am I missing in the qemu boot line above?

--
Paulo Matos