Re: [Qemu-discuss] transferring QEMU image from one host to another

From: lists
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] transferring QEMU image from one host to another
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 08:52:35 -0600

> On Feb 18, 2019, at 7:28 AM, address@hidden wrote:
>

>> On Feb 18, 2019, at 2:52 AM, Pascal <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> hi,
>> did you try to start Win10 by leaving the  -machine pc-q35-2.4  option ?
>> otherwise, if you still have your Linux available, you can try to start
>> Win10 without the  -cpu host  option and with the  -cpu kvm64  option.
>> why do you finally start Win10 with the  -no-kvm  option?
>> regards.
>
> I start with the ‘-no-kvm’ option because OSX doesn’t support KVM as far as I
> know. I tried leaving that option out but I still end up in the endless
> “repair” loop.

I wanted to reply back to the list to let everyone know that Pascal's advice
worked like a charm. I booted the guest on linux after changing to the qemu64
cpu option and everything continued to function.

I copied that modified guest over to the OSX host and it was now able to boot.
If you look at my original scripts posted earlier in the thread, you’ll note I
had modified the network device from an intel card to a Realtek card. I undid
all of that and tried to use the same boot script as linux plus the -no-kvm
switch. Works fine albeit extremely slowly on my laptop.