Re: [Qemu-discuss] Regarding QEMU Monitor "x /fmt addr" command

From: Phil Jones
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Regarding QEMU Monitor "x /fmt addr" command
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 19:04:56 +0000

Thanks for the clarification!
________________________________
From: Peter Maydell <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2019 19:57
To: Phil Jones
Cc: address@hidden

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 at 18:54, Phil Jones <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sorry, I meant address of an integer variable inside of a process. Thank you
> for the answers, that confirms my suspicions. If I were to translate guest
> process virtual address to Windows physical address, could I use that to read
> value?

Only if you do the virtual-to-physical translation
exactly at the point when the relevant process is
in memory and when the memory is swapped in and not
out on disk, and you don't let the guest run between
the point when you do the translation and when you use
it. (Otherwise windows could swap something out or
change to a different process.) But if it worked to
do that then the 'x' command would work too.

thanks