[Qemu-discuss] sabrelite User Networking (SLIRP) is not working.

From: Bilal, Muhammad
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] sabrelite User Networking (SLIRP) is not working.
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 11:57:40 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to use user mode networking for sabrelite machine in qemu system,
but my guest application is showing link down and hence no network activity.

While *tap networking* is just working fine on that machine

User networking command:
-----------------------------------

qemu-system-arm -m 1G -M sabrelite  -serial null -serial stdio -net nic -net
user,hostfwd=tcp::8080-:8080  -kernel sabre_net_uni.out

Tap networking command (working fine):

sudo ./qemu-system-arm -m 1G -M sabrelite  -serial null -serial stdio -net nic
-net tap  -kernel  sabre_net_uni.out

I'm aware how user networking works as I already successfully using user
networking for xlnx-zcu102 board.

So, is there anything missing for my side to configure the user networking for
sabrelite machine?

Thanks,
-Bilal