Re: [Qemu-discuss] Using egl-headless with virtio-vga video device crash

From: Frederik Carlier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Using egl-headless with virtio-vga video device crashes the guest
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 11:04:18 +0000

Hi Erik,

For what it's worth, I've been doing some experiments with egl-headless
recently and here's what I've observed:
- On a headless server (i.e. without X11), qemu would crash (SIGSEV) when the
VM entered graphics mode. I got a bit futher by applying a patch [1]
- The display is messed up after I soft reboot the machine. This happens on the
RC versions of 3.1, as well
- I've observed a couple of scenarios in which the VM would crash and reboot,
but I'm not sure how to debug these scenarios.

Frederik.

[1] https://groups.google.com/d/msg/kubevirt-dev/7xYZQtILpJM/Xhty8bsLAgAJ