Re: [Qemu-discuss] GUI compatibility

From: Programmingkid
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] GUI compatibility
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2018 12:43:47 -0400

> QEMU is unable to switch to full screen mode in TWM(Tom's Window Manager),
> but is able to do so in JWM.
> One more question, is that safe to run QEMU as root user? Using root is not
> safe, such as, when mis-running rm -rf /

I'm not familiar with your window manager issues but I can say that I do run
QEMU in root mode a lot. It is safe as long as you remember to be careful. I
run QEMU in root mode to share files and access the real CD-ROM. So far I
haven't ran into any problems. The only scenario I can think of that may cause
you issues is if your guest is infected with some kind of data destroying
virus. Other than that you should be fine.