[Qemu-discuss] Questions about qemu enabling TCI (tcg/tci.c)

From: yt zhang
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Questions about qemu enabling TCI (tcg/tci.c)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 22:10:20 +0800

 Dear technicians,
Good day.
I encountered some difficulties in learning about the TCI part of QEMU.
When I use the following configuration command to enable TCI:

         "configure --enable-tcg-interpreter"

Run the command as:

        "qemu-x86_64 hello-one" (hello-one is my own executable file).

Then I counted the number of times TB was interpreted in the
"tcg_qemu_tb_exec(CPUArchState *env, uint8_t *tb_ptr)" function in the
tcg/tci.c file.However, I found that running the above command several
times on the same host computer [Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3250 @ 3.20GHz],
the number of TB counts may sometimes be different (as shown below).
This problem has been bothering me for a long time, and there has been no
substantial progress, so can you answer this question for me or give me
some relevant tips.

​​
Thanks & Best Regards,
--Yongtao Zhang