[Qemu-discuss] status of record&replay

From: Aurélien Aptel
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] status of record&replay
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 15:35:01 +0200

Hi,

I really like QEMU gdb server feature to debug the kernel but when I'm
working on cifs.ko (network filesystem) using breakpoints often means I
will trigger timeouts or mess with scheduled tasks.

I've found these slides [1] from 2014 that talk about adding a determinist
record and replay feature to QEMU even allowing reverse execution.

What's the status of that and if it's already available how do I use it?

Thanks,

1: https://www.linux-kvm.org/images/d/d0/02x06b-DeterministicReplay.pdf
--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3