[Qemu-discuss] How to run qemu with -nographic and -monitor but still be

From: Ciro Santilli
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] How to run qemu with -nographic and -monitor but still be able to send Ctrl+C to the guest?
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 11:39:24 +0100

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49716931/how-to-run-qemu-with-nographic-and-monitor-but-still-be-able-to-send-ctrlc-to

I have just found out that if you run QEMU with `-monitor
telnet::45454,server,nowait -nographic`, then Ctrl-C kills the QEMU VM
instead of generating SIGINT on the guest:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/167165/how-to-pass-ctrl-c-to-the-guest-when-running-qemu-with-nographic/436321#436321

However, I don't want to remove `-monitor` because it is convenient to
automate monitor commands, e.g. it allows me to create a helper script
that does:

    echo 'savevm my_snap_id' |  telnet localhost 45454

Is there a way to both keep my `Ctrl-C` and `-monitor` working with
`-nographic`?

Full QEMU command:

    qemu-system-x86_64 -append 'root=/dev/vda console=ttyS0' -kernel
'bzImage' -drive file='rootfs.ext2.qcow2,if=virtio,format=qcow2'
-nographic -monitor telnet::45454,server,nowait

on QEMU 2.10.1, Ubuntu 17.10.