[Qemu-discuss] Forcefully causing Interrupts in QEMU-TCG

From: Arnabjyoti Kalita
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Forcefully causing Interrupts in QEMU-TCG
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 00:06:59 -0400

Hi all,

I have been trying to simulate the occurrence of an interrupt during the
execution of an application in TCG mode. Specifically the interrupt number
is 239 (local apic timer interrupt).

Briefly, I am using the -loadvm command to load a previously saved state of
QEMU. When I load the saved state, the execution of an application which
was paused when I saved the state will now complete. At a certain point in
its execution, I need to make TCG-QEMU execute an interrupt.

I can understand that the function do_interrupt_all() is involved in
handling interrupts in QEMU. But I am confused where in code will be a good
place to call this code.

I can see that QEMU calls cpu_handle_interrupt() at the end of translating
and executing one block every time. So say I want to call
do_interrupt_all() in the middle of translating a translation block, is
this possible ? - Are there mechanisms available to achieve this ?

Regards,
Arnab