[Qemu-discuss] possible issue with B250 chipset

From: Alejandro Pinio
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] possible issue with B250 chipset
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 17:09:23 -0300

HI, I'm trying to figure out a possible problem with VT-x and qemu
8086 emulation on Intel i7-7700+GA-B250M-D3H. I'm using linux 4.4 on
Ubuntu 14.04.

I've tried:

>> sudo kvm-ok
[sudo] password for dss:
INFO: /dev/kvm exists
KVM acceleration can be used

>> sudo rdmsr 0x3a
5

so VT-x seems to be enabled. A detail: there is no option in my bios
setup to enable/disable VT-x.

The binary I'm trying to emulate doesn't seem to be running at full
speed. Are there any known compatibility issues with this setup? How
can I debug what's wrong with it?

The same emulation works fine on i7-2600+Asus P8H67-M+linux address@hidden
14.04 and other setups.

Thanks in advance, Alejandro