Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-kvm hangs at boot when the disk interface is vir

From: Shiyao MA
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-kvm hangs at boot when the disk interface is virtio.
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 10:06:57 +0800

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 11:15 PM, Programmingkid
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Is this a problem you noticed after upgrading QEMU? If this is a new problem,
> you might want to try 'git bisect' to find the commit that causes this
> problem.

Thanks!  Problem solved; you point me to the right direction!

Adding a "-machine type=pc-i440fx-2.6", everything becomes normal.
However, for all version 2.x (x > 6), the guest OS will hang!

This problem exists if the first level hypervisor is VMWARE FUSION.

BTW, I wonder exact difference does "-machine type=pc-i440fx-2.x" bring about?

--
Best,
Shiyao